Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cars, Cars, Cars

Side of a road, Saratoga, California.

Industrial park, Bozeman, Montana.

Abandoned junkyard, Santa Cruz Mountains, CA.

Unknown private property, Saratoga, CA.

Industrial park, Bozeman, MT.

Abandoned junkyard, Santa Cruz Mountains, CA.

All Images © 2010 Declan J. Dillon. All Rights Reserved.
Please do not use/reproduce without my explicit, written permission.



They're everywhere. They rest in fields, old buildings, people's yards, and on the sides of roads, silently melting into their surroundings, slowly becoming entombed by layers of mud and foliage. Some will be found, recovered, and restored. Others, however, will continue to sink into the land they reside upon, eventually becoming a part of it.

Much to the annoyance of my family and friends, I live and breathe "car." I have been known to go to absurd lengths to photograph abandoned cars, or just cars in general. I spend most of my spare time wandering around, hoping to encounter something interesting. The images above are the product of my ongoing search.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. I wish car owners would never abandon their cars like these. Even though their cars are not functioning anymore, they’ve still gained so many memories with it. I know a company that offers car removal in Brisbane. I’m sure after scraping these cars, they’ll find useful car parts that can still be used today. If only I can take all of these there…

    ReplyDelete